Nationally and Internationally Accredited Training
Certificate III in Health Administration | Qualification Description
This qualification reflects the role of administrative workers in the health industry. These workers follow known routines and procedures, taking responsibility for their own work under general supervision. They combine communication, customer service and technical skills, and use discretion and judgment to adapt and transfer their skills to different situations.
There are 13 units of competency in this course:
- BSBCUS402 Address Customer Needs
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBINN201 Contribute to workplace innovation
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- NAT10859001 Work effectively in the Weight Management Industry
A detailed breakdown of lessons and course content is available upon request. Note: this qualification requires the inclusion of the following superseded units; BSBCUS402, BSBITU306, BSBINN201, BSBINM301 & BSBINM401.
Through this qualification, you will develop the essential skills to the support day-to-day operations within healthcare settings, such as hospitals, specialist and general practices, aged care facilities, dentists, and allied health professions.
Career pathways upon completing the Certificate III in Health Administration include:
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Administration
- Medical Secretary
- Ward Clerk
Becoming qualified to work in the healthcare sector will help to open many doors, as this is the fastest growing industry in Australia and provides many rewarding and secure career opportunities.
If you are already working in the healthcare industry and are looking to upskill, earning a health administration qualification will help to give you a competitive edge.
Essential entry requirements
Entrants to the Certificate III in Health Administration must:
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets.
- have access to the internet (whilst all of the learning materials can be downloaded via pdf, internet access would be required to download the documents and to upload assessments).
Entrants should have a high level language, literacy and numeracy levels – sufficient to interpret research documents, prepare written reports including numeracy requirements for weights, measures and times.
Studying online is a cost effective way to study compared to traditional face to face methods. The flexible delivery allows you to keep working while you study and removes a lot of other costs involved.
- Save on transit costs
- No more extravagant parking fees
- Study when you what, where you want
- Affordable – student payment plan options are available
Pay a larger deposit and receive great savings.
Take advantage of our interest free payment plans starting from just $50 per week. This method of payment allows you to start your studies today and pay as you go, so you can get where you want to be sooner. Our Career Advisors are available to help you decide on the most suitable payment option depending on your budget. They can even tailor the payment plan to help you pay it quicker. Call them on 1300 969 367 to discuss your payment options.
At the Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health we want to see you succeed and are here to support you all the way. All of our courses include personalised Tutor support, which means you will be allocated a Tutor when you enrol and they will be your direct point of contact if you need any help or support throughout your studies.
It’s all part of the service:
- Tutor Access – with a guaranteed 24 hour response (weekdays)
- Access to the Student Support Team (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday AEST)
- Assignments are marked and returned within 10 working days
- A welcome call from our Education Team who will be helping you
- The opportunity for a scheduled phone call from your Tutor whenever you have questions you would like to discuss
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form by clicking the button below and a Careers Advisor will contact you with the details you need.
Our courses have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks and real-world exercises are used throughout the program. Through our online qualification you can:
- Start a new career in the health industry
- Broaden your existing skills or knowledge to further broaden your career opportunities
- Add a new service to your existing health or wellness business
If you are considering entering the health industry, here are 5 great reasons why you definitely should:
1. A rewarding career choice
Helping your clients to achieve their goals and sharing in their life-changing journey is an amazing experience, and one which creates a fulfilling and rewarding career.
2. Make a difference – for life
Through a holistic approach to health education and a rewarding career in the health industry, you will be able to make a positive impact on the client’s you help.
Keep informed about exciting research
3. Keep informed about exciting research
Through our affiliation with Global Weight Management Federation, you will be able to keep up to date with the latest research and interviews with experts in all different areas of health and wellness.
4. Join a growth industry
The health industry is currently the largest employer and one of the fastest growing industries in Australia; this means opportunities for employment and career growth will continue to expand.
It’s never too late
5. It’s never too late
Over 60% of our students are over the age of 40 (we even have had students in their 70’s!), so if you are looking to make a change to a rewarding career, now is the time.
The Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health validates your credibility as a professional within the Health & Weight Management Industries as well as with your clients through our certification.
As well as providing you with a quality education based on a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach health and well-being, your qualification is a great marketing tool to help you build your career or business .
We are committed to providing the best level of student support and administration available. Throughout your course you are provided with the support of a full time education team by telephone, email or in person.
The Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health undertakes competency based assessment; there are no exams. This approach means that our students can’t receive a “fail” mark on their assignments. If an assignment is not satisfactory, the student is able to reattempt the assignment with the support of the education team and their tutor where needed. Competency Based Learning means that we train our students to be competent rather than producing graduates that are simply able to pass tests or examinations.
How else will I benefit from studying with the Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.